Cold can be challenging and very irritating too at the same time. You cannot concentrate on your work due to runny or stuffy nose, sore throat or sneezing. Cold is caused by rhinovirus which is most common and contagious too.
Normally they last for 8-12 days but can last longer. It can spread through direct or indirect contact. Kids and infants get easily affected because of their less developed immune system. Here are the 7 tips that may relieve you from your cold.
Top 7 Home Remedy for Cold
1) Salt water gargling can ease a sore throat. Since sore throat is a first sign of cold. Salt water gargling can also help in decongestion in your nose. It will help in thinning the mucus and removes bacteria which are present in throat. Take a glass of hot water mix with it half a spoon of salt and half spoon of baking soda (optional). Mix it well and gargle with it. This remedy is very natural and easy as the entire ingredients are available in our house.
2) Ginger lemon tea is one of the most effective treatments which can be used while having cold. Ginger helps in treating infection of respiratory tract & chest cough. Lemon is universally accepted for remedy of common cold. Lemon helps in thinning the mucus and clearing the respiratory system. It also helps in improving digestion. It is a key source of Vitamin C which boosts your immune system. Hence take a glass of hot water and add ginger and lemon juice. Or you can keep a bowel with 2 glass of water in it for boiling and add a piece of ginger and squeeze a lemon in it. Boil it till the water remains half. Then strain it and have it hot.
3) Benefits of Green Tea are unimaginable. It has germ fighting properties. The warm tea when you have will soothe your throat and provide relief when you are suffering from cold. Green Tea boosts your immune system and keeps common cold at bay.
4) When you want to treat common cold in a natural way the first thing which comes in mind is Garlic. When compared to other it has one of best medicine properties. It is known for anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties which can cures immovable cough and helps in clearing mucus which blocks our respiratory system. The other benefits are they also helps in lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.
5) Honey contain antioxidants, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which can help in fighting common cold. It helps in killing or stopping microorganism or bacteria growth. You can add one spoon of Honey along with Ginger and lemon tea. Honey helps in soothing cough and helps in undisturbed sleep at night.
6) Holy Basil or Tulsi has been one of the oldest remedy for cold, anxiety and stress. The leaves of Tulsi have powerful antibacterial, anti fungal and anti-inflammatory properties which works wonder for sore throat, headache, fever and flu. It helps in clearing phlegm and clear respiratory system. You can have Tulsi and ginger tea which can be highly effective.
7) Last take plenty of rest as when we are effected by cold, it takes toll on our body. The body needs rest as it will help your immune system to fight back the cold virus. Take a break from smart phone and give your brain a rest. Listen to soothing music, take a rest or watch some good movies.
Most of the above mentioned remedies are easily available in our kitchen and can be used effectively on cold as against the medicine which has lots of harmful side effects. What do you have to say about it?
For disclaimer section read the disclaimer page.
Nisha · December 4, 2020 at 9:51 am
Good remedies for cold
RAGHUNATH · February 4, 2021 at 12:29 am
Simple and easily available but good.