Cough is caused by virus which inflames your throat, windpipe and lungs. Cough can last for more than 1 week. Coughing is a reflex action from your body to clear its airway of foreign particle and protecting your lungs from infection. It is a body way to clear the breathing passage. Continuous coughing can leave your neck aching.
Coughing can be caused due to variety of factor like bacterial, allergies, runny nose and viral illness. Coughing usually worsens during night which doesn’t allow you a good sleep. They can last up to a month. Let’s see the top 5 home remedy for treating a cough.
1) Boil a glass of milk and add to it a half spoon of Turmeric. Have it before going to bed. Try to have it twice a day to clear your throat. Turmeric has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that helps in killing bacteria and helps in treating the infection.
2) Almonds can work really well with your cough. Take 5-6 pieces of Almonds and soak it overnight. Next day try to peel of the skin of Almonds and try to make a paste of it. Add butter and sugar to it. Have this paste two times a day. This is an effective home remedy for cough
3) Take a piece of Ginger and extract juice out of it. Mix this juice with Honey. Then keep this mixture for 6-7 hours and have it twice a day. You can warm this mixture and apply this remedy for wet cough. Or alternately you can cut small pieces of Ginger and dip it with honey and chew on it.
4) Chicken soup has been used as a remedy since generations. Chicken soup can clear your stuffy nose and helps in thinning the mucus. Chicken soup strengths your immune system and fights off congestion and inflammation. While preparing chicken soup you can add ginger and garlic too. And while garnishing you can add some pepper to it. It is always better than over the counter medicines.
5) By staying proper hydrated we can thin mucus that goes back down our throat. Try to drink lots of water. Drinking two litre of water is recommended for an average adult. Water will ease congestion caused by cold keeping throat from drying which is the cause of coughing. You can also have electrolytes.
The above home remedy will help you in curing from cough but if not then go and seek medical help.
For disclaimer section read the disclaimer page.
Nisha · December 4, 2020 at 9:52 am
All these remedy used by my father